Wednesday 5 December 2018

Chatting again About Learning Languages


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

I have in this blog from time to time chatted about learning languages which has been genuine. What I'm finding however is a problem in learning things when I'm on a working day. Doing shift work as I do. It's difficult fitting the time in when you're preparing for an afternoon evening shift when your mindset is gearing itself for doing as much tidying up as you can do, getting stuff ready and having an early lunch before you leave.

So I've decided to approach language learning differently. Instead of trying to learn the language every day. I'll try instead to learn the language on a rest day. But. Trying to be as intensive in that language as I possibly can.

So what does this mean? Well listening to radio stations and watching TV programmes in that language. When wife/daughter are not around trying to go through textbooks and stuff. Possibly go to chat to people online?

Now currently I'm learning Welsh and French. And I will add one more in the new year. It will be just one language per day you understand. To do more would be too much.

And I'm going to bore the pants off you by saying how things are going. Really that's just an incentive to myself to soldier on when things turn hard. And they will.

So we'll see how I do...mes amis.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment