Wednesday 19 December 2018

Food Stocking Up Britain of Today Continues


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

I chatted about food shortages in case there is a long dark Brexit of the soul before but various circumstances basically curtailed me stocking up (mainly work) barring Lavazza coffee. Yesterday though things changed and I knew I had to start moving on this.

After all the government of the feeble Theresa May is going to start bringing troops in. Troops for goodness sake. Well that's it. I'm stocking up. Everytime I'm in a shop now I'm just going to buy something extra.

I should have mentioned as well I'm stocking up on water. Just LIDL stuff nothing fancy you understand but you never know. And you don't know anything about this disunited Kingdom anymore.

So today I've started properly on this. And I'll put this on the blog everytime I buy something. Why? Because this is the nation I live in now and I reckon it needs to be spoken about. Regularly.

If there's a deal. Or Britain ends up with a second referendum resulting in Remain fine. But it's time that the worse case scenario is considered. If only because at time of writing it's not impossible.

Incidentally wife says what will happen when it runs out? Well nothing is finite. But hopefully something will be settled in the meantime. If it doesn't...well I'll have to get the bow and arrow out and poach livestock from the nearest landowner who you know voted Leave.

But while it's still Brexit Eve and dystopia has not yet occurred let's continue with the food stockpiling.

Apologies for the blurring

So you might notice I've bought even more Lavazza coffee. After all in the event of a no deal Brexit it might be in short supply. Meaning that coffee in Britain might be same as it was in the seventies. Nescafe and Maxwell House.

Underneath the coffee there's 2 jars of powdered milk. Definitely needed. Whatever happens in the future I want a cup of tea.

Next is a jar of Pasta Bake. Will get loads of this (already bought tons of pasta, forgot to mention that). Mainly because it's simple, quick to cook and filling.

Croissants are next. Definitely my act of quiet Remain rebellion. They will go into the freezer.

At the back are crisps, jam tarts and Lucozade which I suspect won't need stockpiling.

And what's the point of all this? It's that I'm writing about Britain. And it doesn't seem stupid.

Until the next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment