Sunday 9 December 2018

The Insomniac Meanderings Post : It's Still Wet Edition


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

So it's 3:50am and I'm awake. Isn't insomnia great? I have with me as a companion a cup of black coffee. Bought because whilst wife and daughter were at Lidls yesterday they forgot to get milk.

I still am a bit under the weather. Mainly a cough that though relatively slight doesn't go away. It's like a car that has difficulty starting in the morning. Know it's not man flu because wife is bothered by it.

Amazing this about Brexit shortages. This is an example where shortages affects how you act. Will not have breakfast until six. When I do it won't be croissants my preferred breakfast of choice (and act of quiet rebellion against Brexiteers) now as we've run out. But neither can it be cereal because of the shortage of milk. So it has to be toast Hovis Best Of Both which whilst better than Wholemeal bread still doesn't taste as good as white bread. And when I say that I like bland tasting loaves. I don't like bread that battles with whatever the filling is to be the dominant taste when you eat it

These things have knock on effects.

Anyway this morning already seems wet. It's been like this since about Thursday making driving hazardous. My journey yesterday back to the apartment from Bridgend took me about ten minutes longer than normal (and this was on a Saturday afternoon) specifically to avoid the large puddles along the route. And this will apparently continue for a while yet.

There has been an article in the Western Mail about the reign of soon to be outgoing First Minister of Wales Mr shifty Santa Carwyn Jones. It says that Wales has been at the bottom of the pecking order since the referendum of 2016 compared to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar. This is not correct. Wales has always been at the bottom of the pecking order as it can be shown by the lack of devolved powers it has compared to the other nations. A consequence of it being the only country of these four to be controlled by a Unionist party.

I've posed a question on Twitter to which I'm waiting for the answer. It's this. What has the Welsh Labour Government done better than the SNP government in Scotland? Not expecting a big list...if any.

Back to the weather. I forgot to mention it's been windy too. Just another ingredient to the treacherous conditions out there. Do you remember the summer of 2018 when it was too hot? Nature's way of laughing at us at our expense.

A quick thing about Christmas which regular readers know is not for me. Presents aside one of the best thing about the Christmas/New year fortnight as a child were the TV schedules. Well not this year. Taken as a whole there's very little I can see where I say to myself "I must watch that".

I'm getting into  the New Zealand mystery drama The Brokenwood Mysteries. Entertaining whodunnit fare without any tinsel in sight (Am on series two out of five - That statement might change).

5:19am Wind is still blowy. Will try to sleep. Might return shortly …...or  long time later

7:47am That sleep was a good one. Long and heavy. Missed Alexa reminding me to go on the exercise bike. Well that's my excuse for today anyway.

Ah the sun has actually come out. Time to go.

Until the next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment