Tuesday 9 June 2020

I've Seven Days Leave. What Will I Do?


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well.

As I'm writing this it's around five o'clock on this Tuesday morning. I'm on leave for seven whole days. Days which basically have become almost  a virtual staycation for the first time in this lockdown period, given that I've had the day release by key workering.

What's funny about this leave is that I booked this before the Corona thing started when nagged to by my manager because I was the only one who hadn't booked time off. She I think regrets it now. Be careful what you wish for.

But for me personally whilst I booked it as it was one of the few weeks not being taken by my co-workers I'm glad I did. I've mentioned before how tired I've ben getting these past few months because I think of the pressure Corona has added to my working life in everything I do given that I'm not like the wife working from home. For the first time ever I feel as if I physically need a break.

Of course though given that trips to the shops (actually mainly the convenience store) there is no place I can really go out to. So while wife is working from home and daughter is (hopefully) doing her homework I am in a way by myself for a large part of this period.

So what to do?

I have said to the wife that one day I'm going to spend doing absolutely nothing but slob out watching football matches in empty stadia from around Europe I've recorded and constant cups of tea. I may not get away with it for the complete seven days but there will be one where this will be the priority.
That day though was not yesterday. Wife focused on work in the garden mainly because the refuse workers will be collecting the green waste today. More of such work will be scattered like falling leaves across the week.

Don't think there will be much work I'll be doing inside the house this week. But the blinds have broken on one particular window and the headboard to our bed seems to be loose (which as I recall was the most difficult thing to deal with those nine months previously when I put it together in the first place so I'm not looking forward to dealing with that).

There will be paperwork and e-paperwork to deal with which includes the electricity bill. The wife thought it was high (it might be) until I reminded her that she and daughter have used more electricity since March given they've spent more time physically in the house. It is I think literally one of the prices of lockdown.

And then there comes the more stupid things. I realised the other day that I've never tried one of those cafetiere things in making coffee. Indeed I've never used ground coffee at all which I must admit I'm partially ashamed of given my Italian background (only partially mind you given as regular readers will know I prefer a simple cup of tea). Well I'm going to give it a go in this period.

I'm also going to sort out my Filofax. Rather like my Kindle/paper book relationship nowadays I want to straddle my planning between my tablet and the organiser (chosen because it looks like an old Victorian hardback book).

And I have the opportunity to put full shifts in learning Welsh. Which is something I do want to do.

Of course other than paying the electric bill whether I actually do the above things time will tell. Life of course is good at interfering. Still I'm going to have that day of absolute slobbishness come what may.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment