Saturday 7 July 2018

The Insomnia Ramblings Post: Welsh Heatwave Edition Part Two....Yes You Read That Right!!!


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well at time of writing it's 3:37am on a Saturday morning. The Welsh heatwave (yes I know) is still continuing. Seemingly making my insomnia worse. The situation is so bad that in certain places there is (whisper it slowly) talk of water shortages. In Wales....Yes I know. Climate change deniers....take note.

In other news regular readers will I suspect guess that I'm disappointed that there will be a leadership contest for Plaid Cymru. Won't write about it for the moment (as I've nothing really to say) other than I suspect you won't be surprised that Leanne Wood has my vote.

The silence out there seems specially eerie this morning. Interrupted only by my sneezing. Hot, bothered, unable to sleep and have a cold. A Connect 4 of irritations.

It is 4:17am now. And slowly dawn is inching forward. The day will be busy. Not only am I working bur will be going to a book sale in the nearby village of Sully. Haven't been to one of these in ages and must admit to being a little childishly excited. More of that though tomorrow.

4:56am. Definitely daylight now.

Of course today will be England Sweden in the quarter finals of the World Cup and I'll be missing it due to work. Not particularly bothered. Missed England Columbia for the same reason and England won. No you don't have to thank me for England's victory....really you don't.....oh alright then.

5:13am And I hear a sound that makes me remember the one exception to my opinion that no animal should be hunted for sport....seagulls. I mean they are the bullies of the avian world pushing ducks in lakes just to get at bread. I mean what do they do which isn't intrinsically putting them as the baddies of the bird world?

You may remember the Bridgend Indoor Market where the Christmas decorations are up despite the fact that it's well, June. Well it's been put to me that blog villain and local authority donkey Bridgend Labour council leave them up there because it costs more to take them down. Well if true (and I've asked the council....again) then it's a false economy because the image it presents to customers is not good and they might not return again. I mean....come on....Christmas decorations in June.

Ah well sun's bright out there. Got to get moving...have a book sale to get to.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment