Saturday 16 June 2018

Books To Inspire You For A Good Staycation? Who Knows? Except That They're On Your Shelf/E Reader Waiting


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Bookriot , as it's name suggests is a website / producer of podcasts which approaches books from a fresh prospective. What you will get our people who are not just knowledgeable but are also fans. It's website is a constant pleasure and whilst the Backlisted Podcast will always be my favourite their product is a good runner-up. Particularly Annotated about a background story to various books.

But....and you know a but it was going to come up..... I found myself reading a post entitled "Books To Inspire You For A Good Staycation" by Laura Maurie. where she recommends a few books to make "the Staycation more meaningful".

However with respect I would disagree. If you are staying at your home the books I would recommend are wide and various. But I don't know what they are. I know however where they are. They will be on your bookshelves and in your ereader.

Look at your bookshelves first. There will be books there that you bought on the spur of the moment. Lovingly placed it in a tidy manner on the shelf only for life, the universe and everything to waylay you from actually reading it. Well the staycation is there for you to actually take that book from the shelf and start using it as what [insert deity here - if you're an atheist ignore this sentence from the word "and"] intended.

Even on my Kindle there is now a metaphorical pile of the great e unread, bought for many reasons (mainly cheapness) where a Staycation just provides you with that asset rarely available to most avid readers. Time.

I'm not currently on any sort of "cation ", whether Stay or Va but at the moment I'm reading a Ross MacDonald Lew Archer book for the first time. It was bought decades ago, hung around bookshelves doing nothing and only now reading it with a distinct feeling of regret that I never got round to reading his work earlier.

So if you are planning a Staycation I have absolutely no books to recommend to you...but you know where your shelves are and where your ereader is.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment