Saturday 15 December 2018

The Insomniac Meandering Post : Wet And Windy Edition


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Out there it's wet and it's windy. I think I've said before that weather forecasters seem to be good at forecasting bad weather. True again today.

Anyway with everyday that passes Brexit looks like the car crash where no one can apply the brakes. Thing is a second referendum would allow the brakes to be put. But no one in power wants to out their foot on the pedal.

And I say this again. There are some people on this side of the water gloating about the Gilets Jeune protests in France. But if Brexit happens and turns out to be a disaster this will be Britain.

More anecdotal evidence about Brexit. A few posts back I chatted about the lack of people in a Cardiff Bay restaurant despite this being Christmas office party season. Well the wife tells me that a colleague at work has told her exactly the same thing. The effect of Brexit Eve then.

In Wales Mark "Corbyn Disciple" Drakeford is now officially First Minister and showed off his new cabinet. Quite frankly IKEA could have done a better job. But what's important to mark up here is that a Libdem is still the education minister. Showing up again the disaster that Labour have done on the issue.

The other interesting thing is the creation of a minister responsible for North Wales. Presumably taking a campaign promise from another contender in that election Eluned Morgan. Thing is though Labour have not just failed North Wales. They have failed EVERYWHERE.

In my list of things I hate about Christmas I've forgotten to mention lights on people's houses. I'm not talking about small twinkly lights across a front door. No I'm talking about full blown Las Vegas here. I mean what is it with that?

Really windy out there. And wet.

Anyway wife's awake. Surprisingly early.

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment