Sunday 2 December 2018

The Insomniac's Meanderings Post : Still Under The Weather Edition


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well I'm still under the weather. Still coughing sneezing sore throat mucus creator me. And yet, and yet still not unwell enough not to go to work.

I know I'm not alone. But is it me or has this started earlier than normal? If so it's worrying given winter has not really started yet.

Tell you what really bothered me during the past few days,. When my teenage daughter looked at me and said:

"But you're never ill".

Now my first reaction was to think "See. You may think I look like Clark Kent but perhaps I'm tougher than you think". My next reaction was that she's seen me unwell (and faint) when I have a vasovagal attack. But she knows that after a few days I recover.

But my final reaction was to think perhaps it's good for teenage children to see their parents unwell for a little while. Nothing long lasting, life threatening or disabling but something to make them realise that parents are not immortal and it may be time for them to prepare for life without us.

Came home from the afternoon/evening shift to watch West Ham beat Newcastle on Match Of The Day yesterday. Let me say if we have mid table respectability this season that's fine by me.

When I also came home the wife told me about the violent riots in Paris. You know what thought came into my head here. If Brexit happens and is disastrous then this will be Britain. Have you also noticed that some of those rioters looked as if they'd come out of a catwalk? So cliché French.

I remember when we were at Orly airport waiting for the plane back from Cardiff after a trip to Eurodisney and armed soldiers were patrolling the streets. Trust me they looked like supermodels (both genders). Now this might have been French military publicity at work for all I knew. But still it worked.

Welsh Labour news: Apparently there was some Welsh Labour do last Friday in Ogmore "celebrating" 100 years of Welsh Labour there. The speaker was shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry and the people in this do included  Labour leadership candidate for First Minister Vaughan "Mr Memory" Gething.

So let's be clear about this. Labour's success in Wales (which is weakening) is due to the memories of the past not because of the arrogant incompetence of Welsh Labour now. I hope they enjoyed their "celebrations" whilst Wales plunges into despair that they have helped create.

Have to mention Christmas now. Wife's put the tree up. She loves Christmas as does daughter. Me, well regular readers know it's not my thing. Not even the BBC1 trailer, which suggests a mother and son can be together again through the power of their festive schedule (yeah right) will make me change my mind.

I do like this year's tree though. It's thin and discreet.

Anyway wife's awake. Time to have a shower.

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment