Thursday 8 June 2017

More News Of Bridgend Town From A Distance and How For The Future I Saved The Man In The Football Shirt


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Although no longer living in the Bridgend area I still work there. And it doesn't mean I no longer care about the decline of the town. Yesterday heard news that suggests the downward spiral continues. I've mentioned before of the decline of the indoor market. Well news has come in that three further stalls have been, or about to be closed down. It includes the stall that sold pre owned books though it had branched out to other items.

Now let me be clear. I didn't shop there. The charity shops were cheaper. But all three stalls gave the reason as the decling footfall in the market and the reason for that is the way that Bridgend Town has declined under the Labour council. Shop closures and other issues /I've posted about in the past year have meant that you only go to the town centre when you have to It is a spiral of urban destruction that has now seemed to have had a momentum all of its own. What's worse there's no obvious plan the council are using to try and stop it.

I might need to visit Bridgend Town on Monday to visit the solicitors re the house purchase. If I do I'll take some pictures of how the market has further emptied out.

And now for something more humourous.

Yesterday saw a man I knew dressed in a football tracksuit top. Given that the man was Welsh and that we're not talking about a major Premiership team it was an unusual club to see being worn in South Wales.

"How is it." I asked him "that you're wearing a Sunderland top? Do you support them?"

He explained that he had a friend who had no need of it and offered it to him.

I felt compelled to point out that Sunderland were relegated last season (to which he laughed) and, more pointedly they would be playing Cardiff City next season.

The man responded by saying that he didn't realise it was a Sunderland top. He thought it was for the Welsh national team. Despite the shirt saying Invest In Africa on its chest and badge mentioning  well, Sunderland.

So now he knows better. And when next season Cardiff play Sunderland at home. They'll be at least one man who'll leave the red top on the hanger. Thus saving himself bluebird abuse.

Until the next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment