Thursday 22 September 2016

Death Of A Garden Slide


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

It wasn't meant to be this way.

I needed to cut the grass today. I'd be working tomorrow and wouldn't have an opportunity to do this again until Monday. It's 8:30am. I'm out in the back garden. It's cloudy but dry so touch the grass. Wet...drippingly so.

Get the shears out to cut the edges by hand. Did have a trimmer but am not a fan of the way it will whip up stones etc that aims at your face, This is after all gardening not paintballing. So I do it the old fashioned way, avoiding the spiders as I do.

Last time I saw a spider like that it was on the TV surrounded by sinister music

So that job is finished. Touch the grass in the back garden again. Still wet, In the front however it's dry. That then is the next thing I need to do.

Oh and if you hankering for more spiders.

Obviously came to the garden after being dipped in radiation

So the front garden was done. Touched the grass at the back damp still. Needed something to do. Didn't want to take the garden stuff back in the garden when I suddenly noticed the slide.

Daughter has not used the slide for years. Partly cause she's older. Partly as I've said before because it doesn't have a wifi connection. Time to kill it.

On it's side...the slide

Putting it on it's side was the easy bit. From then on it struggled against hammer, screwdriver and hammer. The trampolene, though larger was easier to dismantle. It was as if it was alive.

Gradually though a bit off here,a bit there and eventually the job was done and the slide died.

The Remains Of The Slide

The mowing of the back garden was the best I've done in ages. 

When daughter saw it she shrugged and turned back to the lure of the Ipad. And that's point. She is fourteen and and older for the toy. She is older now and so am I. Time catches up on us all.

Until the next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment