Thursday 16 March 2017

Gone Back To The Eighties....... and Possibly The Thirties

Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

House moving continues at a snail's pace at the moment. It looks as if we're going to be renting at the moment. Doesn't really bother me. As I've explained before moving is the wish of my wife and daughter.As  I owe my wife more than she will ever know when I was immersed in a paralysing depression because of unemployment I'm not standing in her way. Still I won't deny that on trying to actually buy a house she seems to be acting in the same way as choosing clothes to buy. A decision one moment, indecision the next. Now that is irritating.

In terms of selling the Bridgend house the solicitors have come back with questions. Most seem simple. They mentioned that the area was susceptible to flooding. Whilst it has happened a few miles away it's never happened here and it hasn't affected our insurance premiums, which was the reason why they asked.

What was more disturbing though was when they mentioned that, for the same reason, the area was venerable to "ground instability" to which my response was ...."what?!"

Anyway as I was going through the, for want of a better word, stuff, whilst slowly trying to downsize everything,stumbled on this.

The Power of The Six Holes

Well looked at it and thought that despite the age of the tablet it might be a good idea to resuscitate it. In it's day people tried to put six holes in everything. I seem to remember novels were made so that you could slot them into the organiser. I think it was called Filofiction.

Mind you I'm just going to use it as a Diary, To Do List, Address and Notebook and that's it.So will no longer need to worry about viruses or just simply charging the tablet up. As for the tablet, that will be used for everything else. For example...... this.

But whilst the eighties seem to have returned so possibly have the thirties.. Yesterday I went for a quick trip to Bridgend Town. Unfortunately my mobile phone was out of charge so not able to illustrate this  but I was shocked to see that one of the Polish delicatessens was closed. Now for all I know it just might have been for that day. Still it's a worry. After all if it has closed down then was it because of the Jackboot politics that Brexit has unleashed? It doesn't matter whether as it almost always is done by a minority This is the sort of gradual ratcheting up of things which leads to people sieg heiling themselves in the street as a greeting.

Of course there is the second option if it has closed down. Perhaps it's just the latest victim of the way Labour party rule seems to have gradually destroyed the town.When I do my long promised much delayed Bridgend update I'll see if I can find out.

Until the next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment