Saturday 5 May 2018

Another Rambling Post From An Insomniac Morning : Mayday Weekend Edition


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well insomnia has taken grip of this Saturday morning and it's three thirty am. I am awake. Something's wrong. Went to bed at ten only had Bread and jam for dinner. Curious. Very different from me normally.

Twitter is suggesting to me to count sheep (I live in Wales it figures someone will think that's funny). But no insomnia doesn't do that. You are awake. But you're also asleep. That twilight zone of living. that's insomnia. It's where you feel up to reading Twitter but not a book.

Wife is having an uncomfortable sleep but is staying in bed. She's bunged up with the cold. Still none of the easy option for her of getting up and wandering zombie lite. She's fighting to get back to the land of nod.

I look up at the sky. There is a half moon. I'm not sure how to spend the day. Probably helping/nagging my daughter with her homework. This holiday weekend is meant to be hot, very hot. Must be honest not comfortable with extremely hot weather  as I've said before. Probably will hunker down inside, Well until tomorrow anyway, I've something in mind for tomorrow and we'll see whether I can do this. Regular readers will know whether I succeed Monday.

For the moment am listening to the Backlisted Podcast. After it's finished will listen to Classical King FM from Seattle. After five thirty it'll become the turn of BBC Radio Cymru. That is the only planning I have for the day. Let's face it. A day with no plans is not great when you have a day off work.

It's 4:12am Classical King FM is on now. Seattle. Halfway round the world and I'm a listener. The internet can do that.

Four Fifty Seven am. Dawn is beginning to break now. I hear seagulls. Summer is coming. Not saying it'll be bright and hot all the time you understand. But it is coming.

Five Seventeen am. The electric light is switched off.

Five Fifty Eight am. Now I'm listening to BBC Radio Cymru. It's a church service at the moment. Odd given that it's a Saturday morning. Definitely day now.

Six twenty nine. Beginning now to feel tired. Will give sleep another chance despite the sunshine.

Seven thirty eight. Did sleep a bit but it wasn't easy. Awake again. Wife/daughter still asleep.

Until the next time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment