Wednesday 31 October 2018

The Insomniac Meanderings Post: Midweek Migraine Edition


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

I got a migraine last night. Have not had one that hit me so hard in years but it hit me yesterday. Somehow I was able to finish work. Somehow I was able to drive home. Somehow I was just able to finish off a microwave meal. But once that was done my body demanded sleep just before midnight. I knew as a child that a good night's sleep would cure it this time.

I woke up at 4:49am.

And I still have the migraine.

Not as strong thankfully but it's still there. As if someone is slightly pressing against the sides of my head.

And it is of course my day off. I actually had planned it. Was going to give daughter a break (it's half term) from revising for her exams by seeing a film together. The one she picked was A Star Is Born the new Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga vehicle. Not my cup of tea but no matter it wasn't for me.

But yesterday wife says she wants to see it. No real objections (other as I made it clear to her that she could have told me sooner) as she'd appreciate the movie more than I would but as they'd see it later in the week I'm not sure about what to do today. Looking at the guides there isn't a satisfactory alternative. According to daughter the Queen movie is rubbish.

So let's chat about the budget. Specifically that the money the chancellor is giving for Welsh infrastructure projects is for the M4 relief road that I've spoken about before. So this is interesting. After all Wales is not good enough for the Swansea Lagoon project or electrification of the trains beyond Cardiff but is perfectly suitable for a mega prison, nuclear mud and a road.

Now I'm no expert on traffic but combined with the forthcoming lifting of the tolls to the Geraint Thomas bridge this seems to be an extra argument that this is just to help Secretary of state for Wales' Alun "Chucky" Cairns' Western powerhouse idea linking South West England with South East Wales. After all this would apparently give lebensraum for English immigrants to move into cheap houses this side of the bridge and commute to England for work.

I will say again that there seems to have been no work done on the social consequences of this. If the housing stock reduces and is too expensive for the indigenous population then there will be social unrest and both the main Unionist parties will be responsible because they could have dealt with this situation and failed to do so.

And just think how angrier my words would have been if I didn't have a migraine.

Until the next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment