Monday 25 July 2016

How Plant Theft,A Motor and Bad Weather spoils The Wife's Birthday...and A Dead Pigeon and A Bad Curry Doesn't Help Either


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

So it's approaching 1am on the Sunday morning. I had been doing the afternoon/evening shift on the Saturday and had nodded off in front of the TV after I had my dinner. The wife had come downstairs to wake me up...but not to have a row.

For whilst I was asleep my wife was wide awake watching three drunks, two women and a man, walk along our street. The man stopped in front of our house and proceeded to pick up a large plant in the garden.

As she explained to me one of the women said "Why are you taking that?" To which the answer was "I wanted it" as he carried what had been, ironically enough a birthday present from a friend last year along the street.

Only when they were out of view did she come down to wake me up and tell me of the events. Clearly fearing that I would confront the man once I'd taken off my glasses. She was clearly upset,and it was not a good start to her birthday.

When daylight finally appeared I went out and walked along the surrounding streets to see whether the pot could be found. Alas no. It had gone forever.

And as I was walking around the rain was fine. Fine in the sense not that it should be admired but that it was too weak to warrant the use of an umbrella but wet enough to be felt. As the morning continued though the rain much worse and heavier. My wife had hoped to spend the day in Tenby but the weather made it pointless. We were going to stay at home for her birthday.

Of course even if there had been boiling sun there might have been a problem. For I'd taken the car for it's annual service on Saturday and discovered that it needed new brake pads and tyres. Most worryingly of all though apparently there was a slight oil leak it needed an oil sump as the current one was corroding, the part for which the garage did not have immediately. There were no problems driving the car now, but for issues I'll explain at the time I need to make two journeys to Essex next month. So although I'd spent a lot of money to get my car sorted out yesterday I could not take the risk of doing nothing so more will be spent when the garage gets the part.

Point is that it made my wife and I nervous about long journeys in the car so we would have probably have taken a smaller journey. All very academic anyway.

So the only person who went out of the house today was me as I needed for nothing more than symbolic reasons to buy a birthday cake from the supermarket. As I drove though a pigeon, seemingly ignoring the sixth sense from which it's species seems to have in avoiding getting into the clutches of small children who want to catch them, lost all senses as it drove straight under the wheel of my car. I could see as I was driving away feathers blowing in the wind.

Last time I posted it was flying ants, now a pigeon. At this rate I'll be reaching the level of American dentist.

As a quick side issue the supermarket sold some Polish goods. So I bought some. On the principle that I refuse to be a little Englander.

I've Shopped Polish

The icing on this depressing cake of a birthday wasn't so much the cake, which the wife described as stale even though it's expiry date was the middle of August, but the takeaway curry I'd got from a place we'd used and liked in the past. The sauce was more water than anything else, the chips were this side of just warmed up and the rice was bland. After that my stomach was best described as delicate for two hours after that.

So it was not a great birthday for my wife let's see if tomorrow turn out to be any better.

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment