Saturday 20 May 2017

So To Kindness Of Friends I'm With Barry


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well I haven't been writing for a while. I think you can guess why. We've moved.....temporarily thanks to the kindness of friends.....to Barry Town.

It seemed to have taken forever but the house is now sold. And, I'll say it now, we have an offer accepted on a house to buy. But am not going to talk about that further until that's been completed and that's going to take (assuming no unexpected problems) two to three months complete. So just fingers crossed.

( A quick note re moving. I've moved house five times in my life and I can't say I've been emotional about the house. As long as it's livable I really don't care.)

But for now it's Barry Town. People keep asking me what I think of it. The thing is I don't know yet. Only moved in on Friday. "It'll be an experience" somebody told me who lives in Penarth. That person I know is a snob, but she's not alone in having a low opinion of the place.

Being born in the East End, I'm used to contemptuous attitudes from some people living in surrounding areas. This instinctively makes me far more sympathetic to Barry from the outset.

I'm not really sure of the right words to describe this stay in Barry. A holiday would be too stupid. The closest word, though it sounds too much like Enid Blyton to be completely right word is adventure. In the sense of being somewhere different to what you've known is an adventure.

Having said that. The "adventure" is not going to start immediately. For mainly work reasons the only day this week I can truly start to appreciate the place is Wednesday, and that's assuming the weather's fine. So must admit it doesn't make the last of the great explorers.

One thing I do know about Barry. If there's a boss, it's those seagulls. They seem to fly around the place knowing full well that no one will try and supplant them.

The Boss Of Barry
A new place for me ....a town called Barry.

Until the next time.




1 comment: