Monday 22 May 2017

The Bridgend Town,Porthcawl and Maesteg Farewell Tour....Probably



Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Today I wasn't at work and had to go to the solicitors with regard to do various things about the house. Both the one we'd sold and the one we're hoping to buy. But once all of that was finished, and given I'd nothing left to do for the day. I decided to do a quick trip around the three towns I've been blogging about since this all started. As although I'm still working in the area I'm unlikely to visit them for a while.

So let's start with Bridgend Town, and two quick asides. I had to make a trip to the local ASDA. Noticed this.

Magazines are in trouble

The rack on the right has reduced even further since I last posted about it. The shelves on the left have reduced as well. Magazines really are in trouble.

If you recoil from tacky gifts...look away now.

There is tacky...and then there's this
These are bride and groom garden gnomes......yes I know.

So let's talk about the latest shops to close down in Bridgend Town



If you look at the block at the centre of the street and the shop on the right. That was a barber's cum tattooist. Unfortunately no more.

Wife asked me to get something from the local Poundstretcher. I didn't get it.

That tagline is ironic now
Now for the Shopping Centre. What I didn't know was that it was actually under administration and a property company has taken it over today promising new investment and stores. I never thought I'd ever wish a property company well. But I do today.

There is a new clothing store in the centre. But a shop has also closed since I was last there.

Greggless
Now there is another Greggs in Bridgend Town but they've both coexisted for years. Now though it seems that even in the hot food market austerity bites.

And finally let's just remember the Mcdonalds in the town. Closed for seventeen years and with no sign of anything being done to it.


Next I went to Porthcawl. I tell you it must have known that I wasn't going to be visiting for a while. It gave me a view of the sea I hadn't seen in a while.

Excuse the finger
After lunch (sausage sandwich and a cappuchino) tradition mixed with the modern. Went to Maesteg.
Still the winner of the best view from a car park.


You know I think if I have to pick something from these three towns I'll miss the most. I think it's just the selection of breathtaking views from Maesteg and the surrounding villages that make me just want to stop the car and take it all in. This is all from today.




Having written all of the above. I'll probably find out I've got to go back to one of them again tomorrow. But anyway I'll remember them with affection though regarding Bridgend Town added concern.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment