Tuesday 10 April 2018

A Caravan Killing Near Barry Town


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Just outside Barry Town there is an industrial estate. And when I say an industrial estate I don't mean a small group of warehouse type buildings (though there are those too) but large structures including a small power station and other factories where industrial people do industrial things.

Along one of the roads around this area there is a lay-by in front of one of these places. And, for a month now, becoming almost a tourist attraction, there has been this....

Well and truly dead
Now in the beginning when it was left there it was actually more upright than it is now. But like some hunted animal it could not stand the pain of being ravaged in such a manner and collapsed.

Who could have done it? Well the woman who was passing by when I looked around this said that it was "campers". The usual suspects. But I don't think so. Because despite the ransacking that took place according to this woman the caravan killers took the number plate, the windows and the chassis. Things that could have led them to the owners. Which makes me believe that despite the look of all this being carried out by mindless yobs, the perpetrators knew what they were doing.

Also this action (presumably at night) was done at a spot where the killers could feel they wouldn't get caught....despite more than one sign saying that there were CCTV cameras around.

I think this caravan was killed by professionals. People who knew what they were doing and probably have done this sort of thing before.

A caravan contract killing
Anyway things went to a stage where in windy weather (rare in Wales I know) parts of the contract killed caravan could fly off to the nearby road. So I contacted the Vale of Glamorgan council, asking (given the length of time) when is it going to be removed. Their response was that they could not do anything because the dead beast was on private land but the company that owned it was arranging it's removal.

I thanked them. But then I thought again. Surely given that it was on layby contract flytippers could put anything on this spot. Things potentially even more hazardous than the caravan but they could not do anything because it was on private land? Even though it was by a public road? So I relayed this thought to council. Which is why (or so my fragile male ego would like to think) whilst the carcass is still there the place has been blocked off by a steel caged fence.

And I feel for the caravan. I suspect once it led a happy life, and now it's just been beaten, murdered and dumped like so much trash.

Until the next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment