Monday 30 April 2018

The Farewell Tour Of The McDonald's Menu Part 7: The Vegetable Deluxe



Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

As regular readers of this blog will know, there is an occasional series where before I give my waistline a rest and never eat takeaway fast food again I'm going to be eating every regular medium meal from the McDonald's menu. So today it was the turn of the Vegetable Deluxe.

I'd never ordered a veggie burger before. Wasn't really sure how to approach it. Do I go all meek and quiet so that the carnivores around me don't mock me. Or do I pretend I've come out of the Veggie Closet and proclaim my desire "FOR A VEGETABLE DELUXE"?

Needless to say I chose the latter.

I was number 88 in the queue. Let me explain the panic I must have caused in the kitchen when they knew someone had asked for the Vegetable Deluxe. I had to wait FIVE minutes before I got the order. Numbers 89,90 and 91 were done before I got my hands on it. Two of those five minutes were after when I heard someone there shout out "The Vegetables Done"

And this was the result. The question which of course needed to be asked was...what on earth is deluxe about this?
Pathetic is the Word
I feel after looking at this to apologise to the quarter pounder with cheese, for it's this that's truly the wimpy meal. This that gets bullied by the other burgers after dark. If the Vegetable Deluxe burger was a person I'd send it to counselling immediately.

It was also only just edible. Clearly a conspiracy by McDonald's to convert veggies back to the land of meaty burgers. For the first time since I started this exercise I put extra tomato sauce on the burger to hide the dry taste of deluxian Vegetables.

All in all not the greatest.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment