Thursday 19 April 2018

The Farewell Tour Of The McDonald's Menu Part 6: The McChicken Sandwich


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Regular readers to this blog will know that I've decided to stop eating fast food. But before I do I'm going to be eating every regular medium meal of the McDonald's menu as and when the opportunity arises.

Well this time it's the turn of the McChicken Sandwich.

A Mutated Sandwich If You Ask Me
Let's be clear here. Whatever this is, this is not a sandwich. I don't see slices of bread over a fried chicken. I see a roll. And because the chicken is hot. I see a burger. This is a chicken burger with pretensions.

If there is one thing I've learnt since starting this exercise once McDonalds went off their original menus and started on new items they really went for the most stupid names going. After all what is legendary about their chicken legend meal? Who on earth thought that Fillet O Fish was the best way to describe what is essentially a fish finger with pretensions?...Really!

And of course it was edible but quickly forgettable. I'm beginning to wonder whether what seemed seductive American glamour is in fact just fuel for the body and nothing more. Once I finish this tour of the menu I will be very surprised if I miss it.

One final unrelated issue. With this meal I ordered a Cappuchino as my drink. McDonalds do coffee now. And they advertise it as basically just like Starbucks or Costa but without the caffine snobbery.

Well...the only connection between the drink I bought and any other coffee establishment was that it was hot liquid. It really was awful. Won't be doing that again.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment