Sunday 16 June 2019

The Insomniac's Meanderings Post : Alone On Father's Day Post


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Yes I'm alone on Father's Day. Wife/daughter went on Friday for a birthday party for my cousin. I declined to go as I'm holding my leave as much as I can for when I need to look after my wife after her operation.

They'll be back this afternoon. A Tapas bar has been suggested but no. I've vetoed it. As I can do on Father's Day. Other things I can do include watching sport without argument and having Dominos pizza without argument and doing whatever legal I like without argument. So might as well make hay whilst it's still pouring with rain outside.

Tell you what yesterday for the first time in a long while someone asked me what was wrong with my face. Though I didn't show it I was upset. For what was wrong with my face, as I've chatted about before, is Bells Palsy. It did occur to me that Britain in the past no one would have mentioned it to my face unless I started the conversation first. Now hey, that face looks odd, let's ask the odd bloke why. Britain today folks.

Weather outside as I've said is wet. It's been a wet June. It's also been relatively cold. Cannot remember the last time I could walk out on a dry June day wearing a jumper and not feel stupid. And last year of course there was the heatwave.

So Boris Johnson is likely to be the next Prime Minister. Who can now say Darwin was wrong? We're now likely to have a baboon as PM....great.

Ah well.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment