Wednesday 20 March 2019

Indian Food....Another Subject That Makes Me Realise There Are Things I Don't Know About My Daughter


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

When you do shift work, as I do, you're conscious that as your time pattern for the day is different, even for me doing an afternoon-evening then you are slightly disjointed from the pattern of the world.

But what I've realised is that it makes me miss certain things about my daughter (now a teenager) until I discover it long after it's embedded in her being.

I'm not talking about secrets you understand. That by their very nature would be hidden anyway. No I'm just talking about general quirks in character that we all have but I because I work shifts is not immediately noticeable to me.

Yesterday after picking daughter up from school I had to go to ASDA to get some particular groceries and wife and I decided as a treat that daughter could choose the meal for that day.

Much to my surprise she picked an Indian set meal for two (we bought two of them) but not just that, also more rice, sauces, poppadoms and naan bread as well. She knew her Indian food. This was just all new to me.

Now before I go on let me stress that I don't dislike Indian food but for me it joins coffee and rugby in that box entitled "Don't Dislike - But Would Prefer Something Else". For me, even when it's concerning microwave meals, I go Italian.

Mind you when we do go to an Indian restaurant wife/daughter always wonder why I don't waiver from my set choice vegetable korma with chips personally though I don't go for spicy curries. My view being that food should be a pleasure not a challenge for your tongue to see if you're hard enough.

But here's my daughter not just liking Indian food but having the knowledge to know exactly what she wanted including sauces and condiments. She knows far more than I do on the subject.

Wife knew this and I didn't. Not a secret as I say. But because I work shifts just something I'd not be aware of.

I'll probably have to notice this more.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment