Friday 22 March 2019

On Running Out Of Tea...With A Dash Of Brexit Thrown In


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

I was going to chat about the worse Welsh politician of the week. Clue it's a member of the government administration (not much of a clue I know so many contenders). But you'll have to wait for that till tomorrow. Know you can't wait.

Anyway whilst I go to bed at midnight after working the afternoon/evening shift I wake up at around six am on a school day as (given that the wife leaves for work beforehand) I take daughter to school. She gets up at seven....or some time long past that....eventually....she's a teenager. So waking up at six allows me to wind myself into the day.

Whilst I try to go continental with croissants if I can (yes Brexiteers I prefer croissants). I've tried and failed to go coffee continental with the hot beverage. It has to be tea. Not fancy tea. Just a normal teabag thrown into a mug and then milk added (it's the milk added last that makes me a rebel you know). It's warm comforting and thrust quenching.

So imagine my surprise when I saw there was no tea bags. No back-up tea bags. Not even the boxes of tea bags I've stored for Brexit. Where is the tea?!!!

I wake up wife. It's important after all. Where is the tea I ask her. In order, the boxes have been used up by us and taken to her work. I mean doesn't this woman know the meaning of the word stocking up?

It's 6:20am. There's only one option. I put decent clothes on, flatten my hair so it doesn't look like silvery spiders fighting and drive the short way to Sully One Stop. I get the tea bags, and milk, and drink for work later.

I also noticed this.

One For The Brexit Stockpile
I should've got more actually and will do so later.

The shop assistant is exactly what I'm not at that moment. Young, pretty, smart and way too alert for this time of the morning. I mention the latter part to her. She responds by saying it's thanks to coffee. See you may be young, pretty and smart but if you don't know the glories of a simple cup of tea then you're flawed.

But at least tea is bought. Order is now restored. But it got me to thinking. In the future of Britain if the long dark hard Brexit of the soul arrives it would panic over the shortage of foodstuffs but without the way to quickly resolve it. Things may be grim now. It has the potential of being even more so soon.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment