Wednesday 18 September 2019

Argh My Laptop's Dead


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Sudden death is always the worse for those around the deceased. If only because of it being so unexpected. There is shock mixed with helplessness. The inability to help. The inability to say goodbye because the swiftness of the departure As you get older you feel that pain towards inanimate objects as well. Though the pain is short lived ( as you can get a replacement) it is there.

Monday night then. I'm trying on the laptop to get a stream to watch the Aston Villa West Ham game (Nil-Nil so the hunt wasn't even worth doing it in itself) I'm on Google so not even on a website itself when suddenly the machine went ping, the screen went dead and just died.

I do everything I can to revive it. Switching leads, pressing the on switch very  hard that it hurts my finger but to no avail.

There is a very remote chance that it's alive however the only way to find out is to go to a repair shop. However I genuinely don't have the time given that we are actually going to be physically moving to our new home next Thursday.

And I am grieving. If only because in the past two and a quarter years it and the tablet has pulled me through as going on the internet it's been a portal to knowledge, communication and entertainment. So it's helped me not go quietly mad.

So it's likely to be dead. And I'm saddened by it's loss. Saddened as well that I have to go and get another laptop when this last one worked so well (and if you ask how I'm writing this mourning of a Microsoft powered ACER whatever it's through the Kindle)
At time of writing (3:19am - I can't sleep) there's a fly hovering around me. I will try and kill it.

It's  death won't bother me.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment