Tuesday 10 May 2016

The Day After A Warm Day With More Evidence How Bridgend Town is neglected by Labour. Also Library Update

Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well today (Monday) was a great deal different to yesterday. Breezier,cooler,greyer. Unfortunately for me it was also wetter. Which of course meant that my latest chance of cutting the grass was missed. Perhaps there is a weather god because he (or she) is really mocking me now.

I've finished the Christopher Hitchens book, Not sure if "enjoyed" is the right word but enjoy it I did. It's a big doorstop of a read but I would recommend it.

Anyway what that means is that I've read the three library books I've had on the go and so it was time to go back to the Porthcawl and Pyle libraries to bring them back and get a new one. And I mean one book this time from Porthcawl. So now I've reduced the number being read to four. Yes that's right I'm slacking.

So looking for a football book to pick there was a title that just stood out.

Jerzy Dudek - A Big Pole In Our Goal
Jerzy Dudek was a goalkeeper who played for a number of clubs but most notably from a British perspective Liverpool where he won a Champions League medal. This intrigued me. After all it's an autobiography of a Polish player,albeit one well known in Britain, translated from its original language (though the publisher did tweet to me that it's updated and adapted for UK fans). It made me wonder whether it would be different to the average football biography of a British star. We shall see.

Before we leave Porthcawl here is a picture of the shore at around 11am.

A Moody Monday View

I suspect that the May Bank Holidays / good weekend weather are but training for places like Porthcawl as they prepare for the influx in a few months' time of holidaymakers. Because as I explained before in good weather you can confuse its beaches with places in France or Italy

You might remember a post I did a while back about the state of Bridgend Town which argued was compounded by the neglect of the Labour party and why I felt as a consequence was an argument to vote for Plaid Cymru. Well let me give you some more examples.

A Stationary Shop
This was a stationery shop, Now it appears to have just been allowed to rot and die. Do you think anybody is going to be attracted to open something new there given the sad state it has been allowed to become?

One more example.

Offices To Let

So this modern building has a sign on it stating that there are "Offices To Let". I'm certain that the previous occupiers of this building were.......Bridgend Council. The Labour controlled council allowing it would appear for another empty property to damage the town.

Until the next time.










No comments:

Post a Comment