Thursday 5 January 2017

Paperwork: Part Two


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well I have two hours to spare before I continue in my role as school bus driver for my daughter whilst she recovers from her knee injury. So I might as well do some paperwork in the big white box.

Halifax Bank: A letter from the end of October telling me that the payment protection insurance has improved. That's nice. File. (Let's face it who looks at these letters once the insurance is in place).

Also bank account statements from October and December . Filed.

Barclaycard: Who not only know my name and address also have the nerve to address me by my first name whilst trying to flog their credit card at me. The one rule of economics that I know is that these things are at their height just before a recession. Bin.

Harveys: A furniture company. A brochure promoting it's January sale.....that ends in the middle of January. Doesn't really matter. I've said to my wife (as we need sofas) that no new furniture is going to be bought until the issue of the house move is resolved. Bin.

Aldi Offers: One for last week,the other for.....October. Bin.

Yorkshire Tea: A card and a tea bag for my birthday. That's nice of them. almost makes me feel guilty that I don't buy their tea. To use then bin.

Child Trust Fund: A letter from a company I've never heard of regarding their takeover of the company that handled my daughter's child trust fund. Have to think about this. Tempted to change the company to one I have heard of. To look into.

SellQuick: "Get an instant,no-obligation offer for your property" It says in bold,underlined lettering. How did they know we were wanting to move? Anyway don't like this. Bin.

A Google Play Gift Voucher for £10: Wondered where it was. To use.

A National Express Ticket For A Journey I've Already Taken In September Last Year: Yes I know....bin.

And that's it.Not much for two hours I know. But as is always the way you set time for yourself and a phone call spoils your best laid plans. The Postman might always ring twice (though nowadays you'd be lucky if he knocks the door once) mothers will ring forever until  you answer).

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment