Monday 2 January 2017

The Wardrobe Checklist


Hello there. Hope you're feeling today.

You may remember a few posts back I decided that as one of my New Year resolutions was to completely sort my wardrobe out (leaving aside work clothes). However first thing I need to do before really starting going all GQ by using what remains of my IQ on buying/sorting out clothes is to work on a checklist.

Boxer Shorts: Fifteen . Worked out by a fortnight's holiday plus one.

Socks: Seventeen. Sixteen of which will be dark leisure socks. One more dark formal socks to wear with a suit (to be mentioned later) for things like weddings, funerals and the like.

T-Shirts: Fifteen. Firstly get rid of most T shirts of more than one colour or with words on them. I'm fifty three not twenty three. T-shirts in my wardrobe universe will become feminine.....in that they'll be multitasking. In summer T-shirts in winter a vest.

Shirts: Only one needed for weddings, funerals etc. Would like more long sleeved casual dark colour shirts and less short sleeved ones. Wife likes it but for me has the look of going off to the golf club bar. One formal one and fifteen casual.

Jumpers: Three, very heavy ones.

Trousers: Two. Jeans: Three. But to try and make them dark blue and black not denim blue. I live near Maesteg not Montana.

Joggers: Two.For lounging in whilst watching TV sports and wearing my collection of football shirts (ie the four West Ham ones).

Suit: One. For weddings, funerals and the like.

The Garden: For when I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the garden I'll need 1 Jumper,T-shirt and pair of jeans that have seen better days.

Shoes/Trainers: One pair of shoes (Black) needed. Two pairs of trainers.

Peripherals: Two ties. Black for funerals. One reasonable one for weddings. Not very bright definitely no design. Five black belts for each pair of trousers/jeans. The closest I will get to martial arts. Two watches. No jewellery.1 pair of Wellington boots

Coats: I want one long dark coat!!! Like Sherlock on the TV. And one that goes down to the waist.

Jackets:Three. Two dark ones and a grey.

I'm sure I've forgotten something. I'll come back if I have.

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment