Wednesday 20 September 2017

Political Slimeball Alun Cairns has blocked me on Twitter.......was it something I said?


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

It is a curious feeling when you're blocked on Twitter. The first thought is normally one that comes close to shame. After all, I consider myself a polite man, even to my political opponents.

But of course as in most things in life there are exceptions to the rule. This I realised a few days back when I noticed a tweet from the broadcaster Vaughn Roderick who said that he had been blocked on Twitter by the Secretary of State for Wales Alun Cairns.

Well in a sense of curiosity I went on his Twitter account, only to find that I too had been blocked.

So why was this? Could it have been my description of him as a political slimeball when discussing his view of the proposed "super prisons" in Wales as a sort of new business opportunity?

Or perhaps it was my undisguised loathing of the man when he described Italians as "greasy wops"? Having Italian blood in me it was nothing sort of racism, which the Conservative party eventually rewarded him with the cabinet level post.

Could it be my (polite) responses to any thread that he was a part of? Explaining either a) His racist remark or b) He was been devious c) He was talking twaddle d) All of the above

Well I hope so. Because what he's done with his Twitter account (which I should incidentally mention I didn't follow) is to block many people who has dared to criticise the word of Cairns. Thus I will assume he will tweet something of unerring blandness or controversy knowing less people will disagree on Twitter.

So let's criticise the word of Cairns further then.

On Monday on the twentieth anniversary of Wales voting for a devolved administration he stated that rather than the Welsh government obtaining the extra Welsh powers London has held for itself after Brexit Cardiff should instead devolve some of it's powers to the local councils.

Now whatever Alun Cairns is [insert description here] the late Paul Daniels he isn't was an attempt to deflect attention from the power grab Westminster was trying to do post Brexit. He, the sort of Welshman who acts as if he wished he was as Welsh as I am, seems happy to toady along to.

Whilst Cairns, the poison dwarf of British politics (he is very small - I saw him once. He's smaller than I am) holds his position then Wales will not see an independent voice representing it. For the moment it sees a puppet on a Tory string.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment