Sunday 29 October 2017

The Insomniac's Random Wanderings Online Continues: The GMT Post


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well my body clock says I've woken up at three o'clock in the morning. Bad enough you might think. Except the clocks went back whilst I was sleeping, which means it's actually two twenty nine as I'm writing this. Another group then who should campaign that "British Summer Time" (pause here to reflect how laughable those words sounds) are insomniacs.

So the internet wanderings begin

What do I do first? I update my nectar card to put my rental address in. What does it say? It closed the card over a month ago!!! What madness is this? Seemed to have added points from the petrol station on a regular basis without it suddenly saying "Sorry old chap I'm dead".

You might remember that I attacked not so Great Western Railway over their attitude to bilingual signs on their trains. Well I had a comment from Mr or Ms Anonymous asking why was I so concerned now and what about CrossCountry trains and National Express coaches.

My answer to Mr/Ms Anonymous was that as I mentioned in the post I've not taken a Great Western train for a long time, and felt compelled to put fingers to keyboard now by their attitude to such requests. Suggesting let's not forget that a service from London to Swansea is not a dedicated South Wales line.

I've never been on a CrossCountry train, but the point re National Express was a fair one. So I've tweeted National Express asking for their recorded announcements (when the coach is in Wales) to be bilingual. As they say on the TV watch this space.

The station I'm listening to is RTE Lyric FM. For the record taken as a whole my favourite classical radio station as it's the most relaxed and less snobby one that I know.

Here's a random three thirty two in the morning thought. Will golf lose whatever popularity it has because no one wants to be associated with something Donald Trump likes to do?

Four seventeen am:Outside there is the extremely loud noise of a helicopter. Normally at this time it means that the police are after someone. More people in Sully/Barry Town will be woken up now.

Five Twenty Seven am:Apparently a Tory MP, Mark Garnier has admitted making his secretary buy sex toys and that he will have to take it all "on the chin". Kinky sex toys then.

Five Thirty Three am: Time for breakfast. Run out of croissants so cereal will have to do.

Six Seventeen am: My eyes are feeling droopy. Time to give sleep another go.

Until the next time.














No comments:

Post a Comment