Saturday 19 November 2016

In Which My Addiction To Books Continues


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Well it was time to pay my debts to society and feed my addiction at the same time. That's right to pay the overdue library bill and to buy more books.

First stop was Pyle library. The journey was not great, rain, grey skies thunder and a bolt of lightening a few blocks away.

The Things I Do For Reading
And you can guess that I couldn't resist borrowing another book which was this.

Melanie Jones - L'Amour Actually
Picked specifically because I doubt whether anyone from UKIP would buy it.

Onward then to Porthcawl and the library there.

The Dark Weather Made The Local Church Even More Gothic
So when I went to the library the first thing to do after paying my overdue dues was to pick the football book to read. It actually turned out to be an easy choice.

Garry Monk - Loud, Proud & Positive
I won't chat about this book (written when he was captain of Swansea City but not it's manager) properly until I've finished reading it. But suspect that with hindsight it will be the most bittersweet football book I've ever read.

Also noticed (and borrowed) this.

Alex Salmond - The Dream Shall Never Die
This is his book on the Scottish Referendum. Worth a read. Suspect another referendum soon with a different result.

After that went to the Porthcawl Animal Welfare Shop to buy some Pelican/Penguin paperbacks. Armed with a budget of £3.80. In the event I bought three. These were the first two.

1113 - C S Forester - Flying Colours
1114 - C S Forester - A Ship Of The Line


For me it's rather interesting this because currently I'm reading a later Horatio Hornblower book and am in two minds about it. Will chat about this when I've finished.

The other was in the Penguin Modern Poets series.

19 - John Ashbery,Lee Harwood,Tom Raworth,


It cost 65p for the three which leaves a budget until Monday of £3.15.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment