Wednesday 2 November 2016

Albeit More Slowly I'm Still Learning Languages As A Reaction To The Slow British Coup


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

You may remember that in the light of Brexit I was going to learn three languages (not including Welsh which I was returning to beforehand anyway) as a gesture against the return to the Dark Age that the referendum result has unleashed.

Well must admit that I've not found it easy going. This is mainly due to the shift work nature of my job. When I'm working the late afternoon/evening shift the morning is mainly just a countdown clock to that moment. As for the morning/early afternoon shift then once I've finished and have had some lunch a sort of slow jet lag sets and I'm hardly in a position to learn anything let alone languages.By the time my brain is ready it's time for an early night.

So I've decided to change how I learn these languages. Instead of trying to learn them every day I'm going to only learn them in a non working day (one language per day) but as far as possible to immerse myself in them. So I'll listen to the radio, watch TV and work on those books I've bought in that tongue.

Of course that will mean progress will be slow. But I'd rather make slow progress than no progress at all. After all the tortoise did win the race eventually.

And this comes back to why. Since June Britain as a whole has moved into the dark ages. As I've discussed previously hate crimes against anyone deemed to be "foreign" have increased. Only today the Daily Mail made a front page headline about foreign drivers using mobile phones in Britain as if British drivers never do that.

Britain has now become a country where the kneejerk media reaction to child immigrants from war torn nations is to demand that the authorities check their teeth to prove their age. If you show any degree of compassion to immigrants (such as Lily Allen or Gary Lineker) you're subject to vilification which newspaper headlines with the word FURY in them.Which when you read closely tend to the fury of someone politically to the right.

Even issues where I do have sympathy. Like the placing of Poppies on the shirts of the British football teams in the forthcoming internationals are being portrayed in an anti foreigner rhetoric.

There are other things. Like the famous Vote Leave coach with the £350m to the NHS instead of the EU on it that the Brexiteers now want to make us forget. Or the way the pound has seemingly fallen to the value of Germany......in the nineteen twenties. Already the price of petrol has risen and inflation is forecast to rise even further during next year. Household items are effected such as (oh yes) tea.

If you are poor you will be poorer and if you're just over the breadline then you're likely to be dragged under it. Those at work will probably find themselves at lower earning jobs as organisations move away from the UK. As Greece showed the rich will be fine. They know how to hide their money.

Britain as a whole is in danger of becoming hard,isolated and uncaring whilst in the midst of economic and social turmoil and might be influenced even more than it already is by people a few jackboots short of a sieg heil. People who it appears seem to be bent on turning this country back into a "golden age" that probably never existed in the first place.

Until the next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment