Tuesday 22 November 2016

Me,The Early Morning and The NBA


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

So I'm awake on this Tuesday morning.  Stone, hard, cold, sober awake. It's about two forty. I am working the early shift this week.....but not today.

I get this from time to time. My eyes shoot up and suddenly I'm in the position of being too awake go asleep and too much of a zombie to do anything construct rive. People ask whether I'm worried about anything. My answer is simple. I'm not a man without worries but nothing so big that would cause this.

So make myself a cup of tea and then proceed to go to my friend at this time the DVR. The next programme on the list turned out to be last Thursday's NBA match between the Chicago Bulls at the Miami Heat.

Now although it's not my favourite sport I don't dislike basketball. The team I follow are the Houston Rockets. A team that's nearly there but not quite. So that when they eventually become champions I shall be bathed, even from this distance in Wales, in reflective glory. I can't say though that I make an effort to follow the NBA news so was surprised to learn that Dwayne Wade had moved from Miami to the Bulls. Meaning that the Miami three had become the injured one, Chris Bosh being out.

It appeared that Wade's move wasn't without controversy although now there seemed to be an effort between him and the President of Miami Heat Pat Riley to bury the hatchet. Though if body language was any guide their weapons weren't so much buried as strategically concealed just in case.

The team was described on television as in a state of "rebuilding" more as if being demolished after an earthquake (Wade wasn't the only player to go in the postseason) .

The Heat played in grey, and no ladies it wasn't with fifty shades but just with one dull hue. Whatever colour comes to mind when you think about Miami grey is not close.

The player the Heat seemed to rely on was Justise (with the two Ss) Wilmslow. A young man who should know that if he has a successful career the NBA might change the competition to The Justise League of America. The Bulls had other notable players as well, specifically Mirotic. A man with a beard so pronounced you wondered whether he'd spent the postseason on the high seas working as a pirate.

And the match was a good one for a neutral as only until the last few minutes did you get the sense that a particular team would win. The victors being the Bulls. Neither though seemed 2016/17 champions, judging as I am on the basis of one game whilst in a semi conscious state.

I'm sure Dwayne Wade and his pals celebrated their victory. Me? I went back to sleep at four 'clock for a few hours....as you do.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment