Wednesday 27 December 2017

From South Wales To Essex....Unfortunately


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

I'm writing this post in Essex. My knee is better though not 100%. Wife and daughter are in South Wales and I do miss them. But it has to be. As my mother is unwell.

She hadn't spent Christmas with us as she wasn't confident driving to Wales and my knee was too much of a problem for me to drive and pick her up. However on Boxing day she rang to say that she felt really in a bad way so there was no choice. I had to come down.

The drive normally takes me about three and a half to four hours. But certain things made it longer. The need to have an oil change at the beginning of the journey, to stop at three Motorway Service Stations to give my knee a break, the weather and most surprisingly of all given that it was Boxing Day the traffic.

My mother was not well. Today (27th) we've gone to the doctor. She has a viral infection. Getting an appointment proved to be easy. The timing in that morning was not as the snow that was not settling suddenly decide to get heavy and settle.

She now has the knowledge and the medication. Once she is on the mend my conscience will allow me to leave.

As I think I've said before. I've spent a lot of my life in Essex and and happy to defend it against all comers. It is however no longer home. But no matter how much you've changed there will be moments when the past calls you back and you have to go.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment