Tuesday 12 December 2017

Why The Welsh Need To Prepare For The Certain Type Of English Person Post Brexit


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

This is the sort of post which I hadn't intended to write until Twitter raised it's head. It happened yesterday evening if you wish to check.

So I was entering an argument with a Brexiteer with regard to EU citizens living in Britain. He/She called them migrants. I was saying that they weren't migrants because the European Union allowed freedom of movement.

But then another Brexiteer, definitely a he and much more of a caveman popped up and I had this argument with him as well.

I felt I'd made my point and then he tweeted this:

Your in wales so you go bother your sheep and let the adults speak.

I responded first by attacking what he said with regard to Wales and then by tweeting:

Secondly I'm an adult and a literate one as well. I know for example it's "You're in Wales" and not "Your in Wales".......Thicko

And later when he stated that I didn't know what I was talking about with regard to EU citizens in the UK my response was 

Well given I've twice shown you can't compose a sentence in English I think I know far more than you

It referred to an earlier tweet where he again revealed an inability to write in his mother tongue.

But let's go back to his crass remarks with regard to Wales. It occurred to me as I was reading this that it was the shape of things to come with regard to a certain type of English person. The type who in the seventies would have made remarks about the colour of a person's skin or that he/she was Jewish. That person feels more careful not to do that anymore or at the very least where he (probably) will feel safe, will not attack the Irish now as they have the comfort of the EU to fall back on. Or the Scots because they voted to Remain and would give as good as they got.

Which leaves the Welsh. The majority of  whom also voted to Leave the EU. But now find themselves in an uncertain future with the English, some of whom hold the Welsh in contempt and would feel no restraint in showing it.

I made a post a year ago where I suggested that the problem with the vast majority of the Welsh people was that they were far too nice and it was this niceness that allowed them to be exploited by those whose motives you really could not trust. What Brexit has done is to make the Welsh the last whipping boy of that type of English person.

So I say again the Welsh need to react like the Scots. They need to rebel. They need to cause a stir. They need to show that they can't take this anymore and will react against it. No more Mr Nice Guy (and Ms Nice Lady of course).

In the long term independence is really the solution. But in the short term not being a lapdog will help the national psyche.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment