Sunday 18 March 2018

Being Random On An Early Sunday Morning Including the 6 Nations, Alun Cairns And Why I Don't Like Gerald Durrell


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Because of Essex exile whilst looking after my mother it's been a while since doing this but here I am at 6:48am on a Sunday morning. Wife and daughter are asleep. Nothing I can do at this time but go online and chat.

First things first. It's snowing outside. Nothing at first glance that suggests it's as bad as a few weeks back. But it's settling...and continuing.

Highlight of the day weather permitting are the two FA cup quarter final matches on BBC1. That's my Sunday sorted. Don't feel sorry for wife/daughter. They'll have their own back later on with Call The Midwife and The Durrells based on the early life of Gerald Durrell.

I feel you know that I'm one of the few people who doesn't particularly like Gerald Durrell. This though is a consequence of reading books out of sequence. For I've not read (not out of choice more so many books so little time) My Family and Other Animals. I.e Gerald Durrell as little kid fascinated by the wildlife around him. No the book of his I've actually read was called The Beaufort Beagles. This was Durrell as adult zoo professional. Taking animals from their natural surroundings and shipping them off thousands of miles away. And whilst no one will ever remotely suggest that I will challenge David Attenborough as naturalist of the year that is just not right.

A quick word about Wales performance in the six nations. They came second and this is used as a justification for the Pro 14 league. Well no. People like me who are against the current structure argue about the affinity of some supporters in their designated area (eg the Rhondda Valley to the Cardiff Blues) not about the ability of players. Of course though in the old system Wales produced their best rugby being the Brazil of the egg shaped ball in the seventies.

John Inverdale. A broadcaster I once liked but now seems to be focused too much on England for presenting duties on the Wales/France game wanted to focus on reasons why they did so badly. They were tired from the British Lions tour of the summer seems to have been the general consensus from the Welsh and French summarisers with him. Ok. They obviously know more about rugby than I do. But that's really no excuse for them coming fifth in a league of six.

It's 7:44 as I'm writing this paragraph now. And about that snow.....worse now.

On Twitter there is mention that Secretary of State for Wales and professional slimeball Alun Cairns (who has blocked me on Twitter...something I'm proud of) has put out a job vacancy for a director of media communications. Knowledge of Wales is apparently not required. Again Wales is treated in a way that no one else would be treated. I've said it before and I'll say it again the problem with the majority of the Welsh people is that they're far too nice. They should rebel in the way the Scots and the Irish would.

Of course when I say the majority of the Welsh people are nice Alun Cairns is not included. Caring about Wales didn't stop him becoming Secretary of State so why does knowledge matter when trying to spin things around his way?

Well wife is awake so one final thing. Snow is so bad that I've just accessed the Vale of Glamorgan website with regard to school closures. They have ads in that site. And August those for a booking website and a travel company that's "so mahoosive" (I'm fifty four. No idea what that mean) There's an ad for people to become police constables in London. 

Are they saying that South Wales is a crime free area?

Until the next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment