Monday 19 March 2018

Let's Chat More About Snow,The Vale Of Glamorgan Council And The Metropolitan Police


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

The more I thought about it. The more I felt I should return to something briefly mentioned in my last post.

There was I. Aimlessly on the laptop on a Sunday morning looking out at the snowy scene outside and suddenly thinking "Is my daughter's school going to be open tomorrow?"

So onwards to the Vale of Glamorgan council website I go and find to my surprise that (for what I learnt later is a six month experiment) they are trying to earn extra dosh by putting ads there. Now personally I don't think adverts should be put on state websites anyway as a matter of principle. But in the midst of Hotels.com and tour operators that tell you to "go mahoosive" (and again no idea what that means) one ad catches my eye.

It's for the Metropolitan Police.

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CITY SAFE

Then it goes on to say that there are incentives for people to join the Metropolitan police in London and become Police Constables.

Which makes me (and yes this is another ad on the website) Confused.com

Now you have to ask what is the Vale Of Glamorgan Council doing showing an ad that appears to encourage people to move from the borough and indeed Wales? (And let's make it clear here. The website stated that the council choose the ads).

The council really should stop this ad. It does not do them or Wales any good at all.
Are they saying that South Wales does not need anymore to apply for it's police force? Of course not. Potentially what they are doing is allowing for an emigration of talented individuals away from the Vale and Wales (with - and did they think of this at the time? - the consequent loss of council tax revenues).

But of course the key point is this. Wales is not considered by the UK government capable of running law and order through the National Assembly. This means that the Metropolitan police can poach talent from South Wales without reproach. Another emigration route from Wales begins.

Until the next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment