Friday 23 March 2018

The Farewell Tour Of The McDonald's Menu Part 5: The Fillet O Fish Burger


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

As regular readers of this blog will be aware. I have decided to abandon eating fast food after going through the standard McDonald's menu as and when opportunities occur.

A couple of days ago it was the turn of the Fillet O Fish burger. Why they describe it that way, as if it was created by a leprechaun , is one of the of the great mysteries of Western civilisation. But for now I'll let it pass.

I must admit when I was younger this was my burger of choice. Only to show people that I was different, an individual. No bits of cow, oh no. I follow a different drum me.

However I soon learnt that not following the crowd meant that in a drive thru you had to park in a designated spot and wait whilst they cooked the thing. This happened so often that I just gave up and joined the masses asking for a Big Mac medium meal with a Diet Coke so at least I'd get the stuff there and then.

And you know what? Although I went inside the McDonald's on Tuesday. When I asked the young woman for that meal she said "It will take a little time as we'll need to cook it"(!!)

Anyway here's the result.

I know you're impressed
You might notice the hole at the top of the burger. The bit of bread that was there was stuck in the box. Was unimpressed by that.

It was of course edible but really it's no more than a fish finger with sequins on. Although the more I'm doing this exercise the more I'm growing to dislike the McDonalds' fries. Puny thin things aren't they? There really is a need for them to butch up and become chunky.

But there we go. Another medium meal knocked off the list.

Until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment