Monday 26 March 2018

The Occasional Sunday Ritual Of Going To IKEA....Starring A Swivel Chair


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Now that regular churchgoing is a thing of the past. The Sunday pastime that comes closest to it is the visit to the Swedish furniture giant IKEA. Occasionally we pay homage as a family to the store that sells furniture we build ourselves and yesterday was just such a day.

As I've mentioned on this blog before. I'm not anti-IKEA as such. I like it when they produce furniture with clean Scandinavian lines. The other half of IKEA? The furniture that looks like the designers were on drugs? Not so much.

We were there to get a swivel chair and a desk for daughter. And immediately as we entered she and I played the well known game of insulting each other using the names of IKEA furniture.

Examples included:

"You no good Skrigg".

"You have a Tidafors for a brain"

"You look as ugly as a dying Vejmon" (That was my daughter to me)

Wife didn't really get involved until she told us to stop taking the Micke. That being the desk we eventually picked but couldn't take on the day as it was too big for my mighty Kia Picanto to take.

But we did pick the swivel chair. Or rather two pieces of the swivel chair. The base bit with the all importnant wheels (the Sporren) and the chair itself  (the Vasberg).

As in:

"Do you have the Vasbergs with the Sporren?"

"No it's just the way I walk".

So we took it back to the apartment and whilst wife/daughter had to go out again it was my responsibility to put this swivel chair. This I did slowly and completed it. I carried it by the seat.....only to have the Sporren drop from the Vasberg and almost crash onto my feet.

Thankfully it missed and I sorted the situation out before wife/daughter were able to come back and laugh at the old Vejmon.

It moves up and down, it swivels, it glides.

I did this.....I Know You're Impressed
Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment