Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Return Of The Library


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Now that things are slowly shifting back to normal I can return to those things abandoned due to Essex exile. Yesterday was the turn of the library.

And my local library, no matter how small and unglamorus it is, was there for me.

I know you're impressed
So for the first time in a long while was able to pick two books at random to borrow. This was the first.

Cathy Bramley - The Lemon Tree Café

Now what I'm going to say is based on first impressions but I don't think I'm going to like this. I read a similar book last year by Carole Matthews. There seems to be now a sub-genre in chick lit which has to include cakes. Patisserie Passion as you were. Anyway we'll see how things turn out.

The second book seemed at first glance more interesting.

Lucy Wadham - The Secret Life of France
This is an account of an Englishwoman's life marrying and living in France. It appears to have garnered good reviews. As I've mentioned previously when chatting about another book. These are worth reading now if only because as a genre they will wither away because of Brexit.

It was good to be back.

Until the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment