Wednesday 8 November 2017

The Cataract Chronicles Part Two.


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

My mother is awake earlier than I am. She still has her cyborg like patch on. But once I'm awake and dressed she wants to take it out and then put her eye drops in. For seven days she has to relax and practically do nothing except watching television. I think my mother has learnt that when all you can do is watch TV then for the most part it's boring .

After breakfast have to go to Epping for my mother. Partly to get her some microwave meals but also to walk into Boots the opticians to ask for a lense  in her glasses to be taken out because of the need to accommodate the situation.

I mention this to the optician and he does it without any query given that it's me not my mother, the wife having wondered whether he would.

Hands it back to me and says that my mother should return in four weeks time to get new specs. I say not until about ten/twelve weeks time after the operation on her left eye.

She also wants a crossword magazine. Makes me feel confident she's feeling OK. Never was good at crosswords that was something which never carried over with the genes to me then.

Am going home tomorrow. If need be will return if necessary next weeks. Otherwise it's going to be eight to ten weeks for the sequel.

Until the next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment