Wednesday 15 November 2017

The Farewell Tour Of The McDonald's Menu Begins


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

You know sometimes in life you make sudden instant decisions that probably have been bubbling up in your head for a while but all of a sudden surface. Well there was I in a Mcdonald's just outside Barry Town today getting a meal for me and daughter when I thought. "I'm going to stop eating Mcdonald's".

Now Mcdonald's is not the sole reason for the relatively large circumference of skin that surrounds me (which is actually getting thinner) but it doesn't help either. I also think I've mentioned in the past that it reminds me of a cheap bestseller. Enjoyable at the time but quickly forgotten.

But I decided not to go cold turkey, or as I should have cold beef/chicken. That would fail. No instead I would go through every standard medium meal on the menu. Wean myself off them as you will. Then that would be it. I'd wish it a nice day never to return.

(Before you wonder. My daughter rarely goes for Mcdonald's and when she does it's solely chicken Mcnuggets that she would pine for. So dear reader the problem is me)

So I went in and looked at the menu. The first medium meal on offer was for the "Chicken Legend" burger. How something that's only been on their menu for a few years can be described as a legend is something only Ronald and the other clowns in their marketing department could try and explain.

There were also three versions of the Legend depending on which sauce you preferred. I wasn't going to go for all three so just picked the version which appealed to my tastebuds the most. Which was Cool Mayo.

So took it home and here it is.





Note the French Bread style of the burger, the wisps of lettuce and of course the classic, no legendary flimsiness of the fries.

Of course it was edible. Not moreish though. That aura Mcdonald's once had of being classic Americana down your high street has long since gone. If this is anything to go buy it's just left a residual hanging taste in the mouth that has taken hours to go away and yet still holds on.

One down then. More to come.

Until the next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment