Thursday 23 May 2019

An Analysis Of The European Elections For The Welsh Right Wing...... Through The Medium Of Signs Along The A48 Between Cardiff And Bridgend


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

Regular readers will know that I do shift work and part of my journey takes me along the A48 road from Cardiff to Bridgend.

Well for the past few days the weather has been fine. Bright, blue sky and sunny. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right. Sort of Goldilocks weather really.

Indeed it's been the sort of weather, rare in Wales, where you can drive in a yellow sports car with alloy wheels wearing dark glasses and not look like an idiot (saw two of those yesterday).

Now halfway along this route there's a turnoff (which I don't take) to the town of Cowbridge. Yesterday whilst passing this turnoff I noticed small road signs hammered onto the grass. They were for Nigel Farage's Brexit party. Normally when I've seen signs there they've been normally for a car boot sale.

Now before I go on certain things will need to be explained about this route. It is basically a country road with pleasant green scenery surrounding it (though a new development near Cowbridge is being built). Consequently there are no advertising hoardings along the route.

So the people who own the land along this route are mainly farmers and the well to do. The sort of people who would consider the LibDems to be the running dogs of Marxist Leninist theory. Which is why this post is chatting about the political right only here.

However in elections in the past I've seen signs posted on some of these properties in this road encouraging people to vote Conservative (in view of the above I wonder why?). Including I think blog villain Alun "Chucky" Cairns (though my memory may be playing tricks with me in that regard).

But not in this election. Nothing. Zip. Nada. If symbolism is any guide there you are. No one wants to come out and be a Conservative. Indeed you're more likely now in the Britain of today to be accepted as gay than as one of "them".

I've also got to mention that the spot these Brexit Party signs are on seems like public land to me.
I'm not saying that the Brexit Party have performed an illegal act ("As if" you'd say) if only because I don't know. But it's odd to me. Also whether illegal or not it revealed a level of confidence which to say the least is disturbing.

So what does this all mean? Well of course the above is tongue firmly wedded to cheek (though factually accurate). But if it's of any guide it seems that the signs are truly against the Conservatives amongst the Welsh right wing.....literally.

Until the next time.

Postcript: The above was written about events which occurred on Wednesday. However yesterday (Thursday) the day of the election those Brexit Party signs disappeared and were replaced by those for Change UK. The pro Remain in the EU group mainly consisting of a small rump of Members of Parliament who left the main Unionist parties.

These signs were both too small and too late. Which you could also describe Change UK as a whole. So you see yet again. The signs have it.






No comments:

Post a Comment