Sunday 19 May 2019

Why Croissants For Breakfast Is A Political Statement In Brexit Britain


Hello there. Hope you're feeling well today.

My wife. What a woman. There was I tired alone in the kitchen part of the apartment towards six in the morning when on opening a cupboard door there it was. A packet of eight all buttered scones from Aldi.

Croissants are my breakfast of choice. Other breakfasts are available and I do avail myself of them. But when I have the time to get food (remember I work shifts so it's not simple to be around to do major shopping).

I've tried going full continental but I can't. My hot beverage of choice will almost always be tea. It's literally a matter of taste.

But still here they are.

I know you're impressed
Now as I've said before when I've chatted about croissants. I know someone from France will be wetting themselves with this being described as such. Still this is Penarth not Paris.

But the point I've also made before seems even more heightened here. This Disunited Kingdom is now where there will be a number of people who will denounce the eating of croissants as "unpatriotic". The same sort of people who don't like the use of any "foreign" language being used (and that includes Welsh).

These are the people who not only dislike anything "foreign" but also anything "different". And unfortunately these are the people who are making themselves felt in the Britain of today.

And so that's why croissants for breakfast is a political statement. For whether Brexit happens or not I will not merge to what is considered acceptable by people whose motives I don't trust.

Let's go on about Brexit shall we? Daughter suddenly cropped up yesterday saying that another thing wrong with Brexit is that property prices will go down. I must admit I laughed that daughter said that but it's true. Now you might think that people shouldn't put their finances in bricks and mortar. But they have and it has been encouraged by successive governments since the eighties.

So if things turn downwards there will be many families who will be improvished by that alone.

Let's move further I've been told by someone in the car trade that used car sales are going up whilst new sales are plummeting. The reason? Cost. And the fear is that it will only get worse post Brexit. People will drive in the cars they have until they rot. The Disunited Kingdom will, in effect, become a self inflicted Castro Cuba.

And then we come to Baboon Boris Johnson. A man who despite being a failure as foreign secretary is current favourite to succeed Theresa May as Prime Minister. In what other field than politics can you be such a disaster as a minister but are then in line for promotion to the top job? That's why Britain is so Disunited folks.

Many things worry me about Boris Johnson. But one of the biggest is that it would not surprise me if he tried to lead Britain into some sort of skirmish with Spain about Gibraltar. Let's be clear here. I wouldn't support any British skirmish with Gibraltar. One of the reasons being I'd distrust his motives in doing so.

And you wonder why the Disunited Kingdom has come last in the Eurovision song contest.

Until the next time















No comments:

Post a Comment